Top 5 Natural Constipation Remedies
Yup, I'm back talking about poop again, or lack there of. Holiday weekends, travel and unusual foods can really back things up if ya know what I mean. Before your reach for an over the counter medication, try these natural remedies to get things moving again. **If symptoms are severe or last for several days, consult a physician.
1. 💦Hydrate, chances are you're a bit dehydrated, aim for 1/2 your body weight in ounces daily.
2. 🥑🍓Eat high fiber fruits & veggies, whole grains 🌾 & seeds (flax, chia, hemp), 3-5 servings (or more per day)
3. 🧘🏻♀️Stretch, doing yoga poses like happy baby, supine twist & childs pose can help get things moving along
⚠️Now these last 2 are a last resort and you may want to discuss them with your physician first / try at your own risk (but they’re better than over the counter laxatives in my opinion!) ⚠️
4. 🍊🌶Eat an orange 🍊 sprinkled with cayenne if you can handle it or cinnamon
5. 🍵 Drink a smooth move tea with senna, fennel, & peppermint. This takes about 8 hours to work, I recommend drinking before bed & giving yourself a little extra time the next morning.
Sure talking about poop isn't cool, but we’ve all been there whether we’d like to admit it or not! and it's just poop!
Now if things are moving a little too well, eat a plain diet ie: bananas, rice, apples, toast and drink lots of fluids.
Wondering how to avoid this in the first place?? Eat a diet high in fiber with lots of fruits, veggies and grains, avoid high fat, heavily processed and fried foods, stay hydrated and move your body.
Do you have any other tips to share?! 💩🚽
**PLEASE consult your physician if needed ** I am not a doctor.