5 Tips to Feel More Confident in a Bikini this Summer
Summer is right around the corner, but this is not another how to "slim down for summer" posts. Why? Because I don't believe in those and you can (& should) focus on your health year round. We can all feel a little self conscious in a swim suit no matter our size, and simply shrinking your body will not make you feel more confident.
Here are my top 5 tips to rock that bikini (or one piece) at the beach or pool this summer!
1. A good fit! Buy what fits you right now. I know it can be tempting to buy a size or 3 smaller thinking it will motivate you to lose weight, but how will you feel at the end of summer if it never quite fit? You deserve something that makes you feel great right now!
2. Wear your suit around the house while you're hanging out or doing chores. Take some photos or videos of yourself in it and get used to how it feels. Do you need to adjust the straps, what happens if you jump up and down or bend over? If your first instinct is to critique every little thing about your body in it, stop. Just look at your body with neutral opinion. The more you see it and the more you wear it the more normal it will be!
3. Buy some self-tanner or bronzer or get a spray tan! Especially if you're going on vacation and plan to spend a lot of time outdoors. Also a little bronzer can really help blur the look of cellulite, stretch marks and veins. Don't forget a good SPF, a spray tan won't protect you from getting a sunburn.
4. Get a cute coverup! If you're still feeling self conscious grab a cute swim cover up, something sheer will still allow you to show off that 'kini while giving you a little more coverage.
5. Stop giving a crap what other people think! If you love it, your confidence will shine through! Wear what makes you feel good & don't let anyone dull your shine!
On the hunt for the perfect suit? Here are some of my favorite places to shop for swimwear.
Target - They have a decent selection of bra sized swim, plus sizes and lots of mix and match styles.
Old Navy - Up to a 3x and I've found most styles accommodate larger chests & butts
Athleta - Sadly only up to an XL but some of my favorite bikinis have come from here, great quality fabric that lasts!
Fig Leaves - Sizing is European so be sure to look at the size chart carefully, but lots of bra-sized & supportive options.
What are your favorite places to shop for swimwear?